Site dedicated to the proper care of the species of land hermit crabs.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Pool Substrates.

Photobucket
While substrate is not entirely necessary, it is definitely more pleasing to the eye then bare glass. The most common type is simple aquarium gravel, which can be found in bags or sold per-pound, 20lbs was sufficient for my 1gallon pools which are larger than most. I used the smaller grained stuff.

I use fine grain crushed coral for my main substrate in my tank however, I just recently decided to add some crushed coral to my salt pool's substrate, now it is about 2/3 coral and 1/3 gravel. I decided to do this originally because I thought it looked more natural then gravel, and I also think it helps with ph, which should be about 8.7 give or take, I think for fish tanks.

Well, that's all I think you need to know about pool setup. Fill free to ask questions here, or on the HCA

Cheers.

S.P


No comments: